Sunday, November 30, 2008

Messiah Sing In


This evening my Dad, Alvin and I went down to Abravanel Hall to go to the Messiah Sing In. This is a fabulous tradition. The Utah Symphony along with their choir deliver several selections from Handel's Messiah. On many pieces they ask the audience to join in. We're always pretty lucky to sit next to people that can really belt it out. I just pretend and trail behind the professionals adding in a Hallelujah here and there. I just liked the conductor's advice, "Don't forget to breathe." We missed you tonight Rose! (I can't pretend to follow the alto line without you!)

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh how I miss being there for that! Im so happy you got to go. by the way that picture is darling. i can't believe how long you hair is getting - you look great! I had to listen to it via the computer while Jack was taking his bath last night...sigh :)

The Crandall Family said...

neat tradition!! You look way pretty in that picture by the way! blonde suits you :)

Rosie said...

i think my favorite (ok funniest) part is the very end with the 8 pages of "Amen" I give up and just sing Amen when it suits me :)

mandi said...

Don't even talk to me about that. I've got my messiah score with all of the years that we went written in the front cover- starting with 1991.
BTW: love the blonde, baby!