Monday, April 20, 2009

Card Carrying Members

We're now card carrying members of the South Davis Recreation Center! There should be no more:

Buzzie: Hey Flaps, So what we were going to do?
Flaps: I don't know, what'cha onwanna do?
Buzzie: Look Flaps, first I say "what were going to do?" then you say "I don't know, what'cha wanna do?" then I say "what we're going to do" then you say what'cha wanna do" let's do something.
Flaps: Ok. What'cha wanna do?


$32 smackers a month gets unlimited access to swimming, fitness equipment, ice skating ('cause my triple lutz is really suffering), and all the water aerobics and spinning classes we can handle! This new rec center is cool in all but it doesn't hold quite the same fondness as the ol' Bubble used to. First of all, I don't think Mr. Unger works there anymore. Second, the condensation doesn't rain down on you like before. Third, there aren't all the unashamed mormon mothers stripping down to their nudies in the ladies dressing room, wait a minute, that hasn't changed a bit.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

We're your friends. We're your friends to the bitter end...the bitter end. :) love love love the jungle book reference. and a perfect recap of the bubble. Enjoy the new atmosphere.
going to be singing that the rest of the night.

Melissa said...

the new bubble is fantastic, my girls keep bugging me to take them back up there when the weather gets nice, do you get guest or friend...or sister and her kids discount passes? whenever i think of jungle book i think of the moment when he and baloo are talking about the bear necessities and he shows him how to eat ants and he has such a hard time getting them into his mouth and saying "but when?"

mandi said...

Brings back memories of the ol' desert gym- being groped by the 4 year old nat in the pool- rose and I showing off our superior racquetball skills and lifting weights. yep. Life just hasn't been the same since they tore down God's gym.

tamrandfamily said...

My friends teach the aerobic and spin classes there. I went once and they kicked my trash so I am afraid to go back :) You'll have to give the classes a try. Have fun and good for you!!