Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shouldn't Admit To...

I can’t be the only one that when scanning through radio stations stops on songs that probably should be passed up. Instead of hitting the scan button again I reach for the volume (when I’m driving by myself) and start belting my own version along with it.

“…It’s gonna take a lot to drag me away from you,
There’s nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do,
I bless the rains down in Africa,
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had…”

Besides Toto’s “Africa” there are others I should admit to: A-ha’s “Take on Me” (which is especially fun with those high notes, lol), Backstreet Boys “Everybody” (complete with the horrible mummy dance seen on the music video), Journey’s “ Open Arms”, Salt-n-Pepa’s “Push It”, Jay-Z & UGK’s “Big Pimpin’”, Tim McGraw’s “Something Like That”, Sum 41’s “Still Waiting”, last but not least – and probably the most embarrassing Mariah Carey’s “Always Be My Baby”.

Admitting you have a problem is half the battle they say.

7 comments:

Nat said...

Oh and I forgot anything by the Spice Girls! LOL!

Rosie said...

Ha! I was totally belting out Mariah Carey's Always be my baby just yesterday. I'll have you know that A-ha, Toto and Salt n' Peppa are NOTHING to be ashamed of. In fact, I was at the store the other day and Toto was on. I was in line and all three of us (cashier, customer 1, customer 2) were all singing along.

Andi Fitz said...

Ha ha I'm right there with ya. I love that Africa song! Are you telling me I'm supposed to be embarrassed about liking those songs? jk. I laughed a little when I saw the Spice Girls one. Remember when we used to try to dress up as Spice Girls when we were 12? Haha. I'm going to be Sporty,Jessica can be Baby, Natalie can be (who were you? I forgot. Posh?)

Nat said...

HAHAHA! I love it Andrea, I was Scary Spice sadly enough.

Jen said...

Don't be ashamed! I'm proud to belt those songs out! It's America's pop culture at it's finest! Long live the music ballads we love!

Melissa said...

whats that one song about the mandolin? hmm...im never going to remember it now. but, i also gots to sing to that Men at Work song, that one about...something something down under, where the women glow and the men thunder.

Melissa said...

jen- we all know your proud of singing out loud to those songs...thats what makes you so special!