Saturday, September 5, 2009

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due



I have to give him credit.

When Alvin and I were first dating we quickly found a ritual. When there was nothing else but listening to the sound of each others voice, we'd mosey hand in hand down to the elementary school a block from his mom's. We'd sit on the jungle gym and "talk" for hours. Na, we really did talk but when you can't get enough of someone there's bound to be some smoochies.

We've been married for 3 1/2 years now and sad to say, we mosey right to the couch all too often rather than make out point. To be perfectly clear, the blame for that covers both parties.

So tonight after seeing 500 Days of Summer, to be spontaneous and romantic Alvin passed up our apartment complex and drove to the nearest elementary play ground. I feel bad for the outcome of his spontaneity. The once timid and (somewhat) flirty Nattie has been replaced by the worried, skeptic, and bossy Nattie.

So when I should have let my man take control, I told him where to sit. When I should have been paying attention I was more worried about the backyard party would be thinking if they saw us. Here's my somewhat public apology to my sweetheart.

In memory of our jungle gym days.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

awwe ,thats so sweet. way to ruin it nat...lol

Rosie said...

way to go Futz. I'll try and learn from your mistake :)