Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wee-ber


With the news of my work moving offices to Kaysville, I started looking into going to Weber State University. I guess I've always had a stigma about WSU. Not that it's not a great school... It's just that it seems so unoriginal for a Davis High grad to head to North Davis High aka WSU. Who am I kidding, like going to Chemeketa Community College in Salem, OR was prestigious?!

But as I researched more about their Visual Communications BFA it became more and more appealing. After a meeting with the department chair, I submitted my application to admissions. What, you have to submit your high school transcripts?! Can't we just admit I sucked high school up and move on?!

Despite my less than sub-par GPA at Davis High, I got a thick envelope in the mail today. From experience it's always a good sign to get a thicker envelope. Unless the school wanted to play a cruel joke and send me 14 pages of "Admission Denied, Sorry Loser!" Anyhow, I got my acceptance letter today and suddenly the stigma is gone.

I'm excited to finally get down to the specifics and to be a Weber Wild Cat!

4 comments:

matt and sarah said...

Woo hoo! Congrats! Thats exciting!

Jen said...

I'm SO excited for you!

Melissa said...

can I get a "what what" for higher education!!??

tamrandfamily said...

YEAH from one wildcat to another :) Hope I'll see you around campus :) next semester anyway :)