Thursday, September 11, 2008

Danke Schoen, Darling, Danke Schoen

In German "Danke Schoen" translates in English to something like,"Thank you very much!"

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday. My mom was quick to point out she had two kids by the time she was 23. (Give me another 3-4 years and we'll talk then... lol)

Back to my point, I wanted to say thank you for such a great weekend and all the kind gifts I received.

My work got a yummy Baskin Robins ice cream cake for me on Thursday. Then since we've switched to a four day work week I got to have Friday off. Alvin lined me up with a massage for Friday morning. It was heavenly. Though I have to admit all I could think of was that scene from Nacho Libre when Ramses was getting rubbed down before the final fight and sitting in front of him was his coach saying, "Ramses arms are number one. Ramses eyes are number one. (and so on)." Nattie's legs are number one, Nattie's hands are number one... lol.

Friday Alvin and I got up and caught breakfast at Sills. I can't imagine anything on their menu being weight watchers approved but nothing says Happy Birthday to me like their scones!

It was just a nice relaxing few days. We shopped, went to a movie, went out to dinner...

My brother invited us down to the restaurant he works at called Martine. It was fun to get a little gussied up and have a fancy night out with a four course meal. If you get the chance check out Martine - their grilled gingerbread with homemade gellato is sooo good. (Again, probably not within the weight watchers points range lol.)

Again I just wanted to say thanks. Birthdays are silly things but, I'm grateful for family and friends that took time to let me know I'm loved.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

"that means I love you!" :) that's how Jim and Al sing it.
Im so happy you had a great day. You really deserve it. I have to admit I started to salivate over the grilled gingerbread and gelato...that sounds Heavenly!!

tamrandfamily said...

Happy Birthday..Late..I'm sad I missed out on the office celebration! Glad to hear you had a good day though! Youre great!

matt and sarah said...

Your posts always make me laugh! I'm glad you had a great birthday!!