Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thanks Zig Ziglar!

This semester I am taking 11 credits. I tried to push it to 14 with a Human Anatomy class but it got a little overwhelming with working full time and trying to help Alvin apply to grad school. One of my online classes that fulfills a interdisciplinary credit is called Values & Self Image. I signed up for it because of the obvious, it'd be an easy A right? So far it's cake. One of the requirements for the class is to read What to Say When You Talk to Yourself by Dr. Shad Helmstetter. I've never read any 'self help' books before so I was leery getting into it. With the help of Zoloft I feel pretty level headed (at least I think so...lol) and if it hadn't been for this required reading I doubt I'd ever pick this up. Melissa and Rosie have been trying their darnedest to get me to start reading the Twilight series. They claim it cures what ales you. Confession: I broke down and bought it but have only got to page 15. But even worse that that, I've been totally enthralled with Dr. Helmstetter's book. Isn't that just pathetic?! Where Melissa and Rosie can only think of the building sexual tention between Edward and Bella, I am all concerned that I've been programmed incorrectly and my transformation has to begin right now! Right now I'm on chapter 9 - The Five Levels of Self Talk. I feel a lot like Stuart Smally from SNL, "You're Good Enough, You're Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like You!" So Lissa and Rosie, don't be mad - I'll get to Twilight after I learn how to harness the power of the ultimate motivator - me! LOL!!!

6 comments:

Rosie said...

You're Great!! just like tony the tiger. you may want to rephrase the line "sexual tension" I like to think of it as a blossoming love story! :) And as for "help" books - I am currently really enjoying how to raise my child with effective and loving discipline via 1-2-3-Magic! Power on young Nat!

Melissa said...

Bahhhaahaa haa!...that is the greatest thing i have read all day...it reminded me of the Brian Regan bit about him getting his luggage lost at the airport and the guy at the desk gives him an "essentials kit" ...it contains food, shelter and Love! thanks for the heads up on what i need to read, you can pass it on down the line when i see you next :)

Melissa said...

do you remember those takes mom would make us listen to with her in the suburban? dont know if it was zig ziglar or not but all i remember is the "ba-bounce ba- bounce ba-bounce...bounce back!"

Andi Fitz said...

Hey Nat! I'm glad you have a blog! I love your blog name! :) I recommend the Twilight series as well. I'm almost done with the fourth one. Hey I found out today I'm having a baby boy! Scott can't wait to go buy tiny basketball shoes. :)

Vanessa & Kendall said...

Hey Nat! I saw you were looking for blogs on facebook, and you are in luck! It's great to see what you are up to! check ours out!

Melissa said...

Great new background! very sleek