Saturday, January 31, 2009

Maybe a Comedy Next Time...


Last night Alvin and I saw Defiance, the Daniel Craig movie about four Jewish brothers in Nazi-occupied Eastern Europe escape into the Belarussian forests, where they join Russian resistance fighters and endeavor to build a village in order to protect themselves and about 1,000 Jewish non-combatants. It was very well done. (Alvin even cried.) Intense to say the least. But I do have to admit there were some moments when I thought Bond (Daniel Craig) crept out. Bielski, Tuvia Bielski...lol. The last movie we saw before this in the theaters was Valkyrie, the Tom Cruise movie about actual events, a plot to assassinate Hitler unfurled during the height of WWII. This was an incredible film. Again very very intense. I guess what hit me the most in both of these films is that they are both true stories. It makes you incredibly grateful for all that we have and the possibilities that lay before you. I recommend both shows if you haven't seen them.

No comments: