Friday, May 15, 2009

Children's Book

So I'm venturing out and I'm going to try to write my first children's book. I hesitate because I have a picture in my head of what it should be and worry if I can actually make it happen. Anyhow, I need your help... for those of you with children, what are some things they say they "can't do"? The title for my book is going to be something like, "Alvin the Can't-Eater". This anteater is going to slurp up all the "can'ts" if you will that kids spout out and help them realize how they can. Kind of like, "I can't do math... I can't go off the high dive...etc." Any can'ts from your kids would be of help. Thanks!

5 comments:

tamrandfamily said...

That's awesome Natalie! My son's favorite is..I can't clean my room..its too hard. Well duh it is when you let it get that messy! I guess it really is a daunting task for a kid.

Melissa said...

I cant eat regular food, i cant flush the toilet. i cant brush my teeth. i cant ride my bike by myself. i cant go to sleep. i cant stop eating fruit snacks. i cant use the school bathroom, i have to wait till i get home. I cant close door quietly. I cant be quiet while my baby sister is sleeping. I cant clean up after myself. I cant put my shoes into the shoe basket. I cant make my bed.

Melissa said...

you need to write my book too.

mandi said...

I can't pull up my pants, I can't walk, I can't pick my fork up off the floor, I can't brush my teeth faster than the 15 minutes it currently takes me, you need more? I'll pay attention tomorrow.

Rosie said...

I love your artwork! Serious talent. I think you could also include all the school work things kids say they can't do (math homework, spelling, etc.) Can't wait to see the book.