Friday, July 3, 2009

AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com

It's 1:30 am and I'm wide awake. Naturally I'm surfing the web. I came a cross a funny website called awkwardfamilyphotos.com. Maybe it's because of the late hour but I couldn't get enough. I'm trying to keep my giggles down as to not wake Alvin. You've got to go check this out. Here's a sample titled "Doubledelish"

I couldn't resist posting an old family photo of my own. (I'm so glad I wasn't a teen in the 80's!)
What you don't know is that each of our outfits were meticulously planned to match the furniture in our formal living room. The turquoise tie Bill has on and the pink satin matched the couches. The maroon number I wore complemented the leather wing back. And Jenny and Rosie were just all together too "mature" to be part of the "swatches" but I'd trade being a "swatch" any day over that hair!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that picture is giving me the hibbie jibbies for some reason. It's 4am and I'm awake now. Sorry you couldn't sleep. Love you!

Melissa said...

hey...rosies hair was glorious! now, jens...i can't vouch for that one. sorry jen.

Rosie said...

Oh my!!! there are some things that are best left in the past. Although, at the time I had a particular pride in that jungle of a hairdo. :)
I love that we matched our living room - should one have a picture WITHOUT matching the living room furniture? I suggest not! :)
Another really good website is "olan mills awesomeness"

Rosie said...

you know what's weird about that picture? (aside from the obvious..) is everyone seems to be looking to their right while I seem to be looking straight ahead. what's up with that?

mandi said...

I LOVE that website. I defy anyone to not laugh out loud while clicking through. Boy do I remember that picture. I was so envious of those gorgeous black taffeta dresses. I especially love the doily around lissas neck.