Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Diet blogging is annoying I know. But I think this could be a good source of motivation for me. So if this is a pet peeve of yours turn away now. I don't think I'm alone as a woman when I have this picture of the "ideal Nat" in my head. For me this is a picture from my honeymoon. What I wouldn't give to look like that again. I wasn't painstakingly skinny either, just healthy and confident. Being the wife of a future physical therapist I've decided to let him practice what he's preaching and be my own personal trainer. Automatically bells and whistles are going off right? We've set down a few "say uncle" rules to avoid some major marital conflicts. But it's also important to note that I asked him to do this so maybe I'm a gluten for punishment. So here it goes... I've got a month to slim down before my trip to North Carolina and a lifetime to stay healthy. This week I'm going to focus on replacing my need of Dr. Pepper with Cherry Coke ZERO. It's not the same but it will fill a void. Also we're going to plan a few more bike rides even if it's just hitting Legacy parkway for a half hour or so. Alvin's also found me some chest firming exercises - hahaha - I guess the drooping has begun.

So here is the embarrassing part: To keep myself accountable I'm going to have to report back to my "Blog". (This will be you, the sparse few who are checking my silly blog.) Today I weighed in at 145. (Yipes! Probably the biggest I've ever been.) But I'm determined to kick my own butt this week. It's so much easier for me to stay focused when I plan out meals. So that's another goal I'm working on this morning. Here's a yummy recipe that helps fill a sweet tooth but is only 4 Weight Watchers points per serving.

Banana-Oatmeal Bread

Ingredients:
1 1/4 C Flour
1/2 C unpacked brown sugar
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp canola oil
1 large egg beaten
2 medium egg whites beaten
3 large bananas ripe
1 C uncooked old fashion oats

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add oil and eggs; mix thoroughly.

In a smaller bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. Add bananas and oatmeal to batter.

Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch, 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Flip out and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes. Number of servings 10, 4 points each.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

You go girl! You can do it. I don't know if you have read my post about my running, but I have a picture of myself that I love to stay motivated too.

Unknown said...

Wowzer! that picture is great! good luck with the motivation and success! Im right behind you :)

Jen said...

You are awesome! I am thinking about posting my fitness goals too, I think it's a great idea to post your weight and follow up. I might be into that. I'm sick of my fat self.

The Crandall Family said...

good luck! Wish I was as motivated, Can you still blame your body on your baby 4 months after? :) but seriously thanks for the example

Melissa said...

good luck! your still gorgeous though!!

Michelle said...

Good luck! Your honeymoon picture looks great! I wish I looked like that in a swimsuit! :)

mandi said...

HOT STUFF!