Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Healthiest Part of a Donut is the Center Right?

How you say, do over?! Needless to say this week's dieting didn't go so well. How do I get the justification thinking out of my head. For example: It's Monday morning and I'm back to work at 7:00 am. "I deserve a Dr. Pepper. It's going to be a long week and after all I am the one working a 40 hour work week!" So with this thinking I run over to the neighboring 7 11 and purchase my "hard fought" DP. Isn't this ridiculous?! I did go on a 30 + mile bike ride but it probably didn't do much for getting rid of probably just kept things where they were. Any ideas on how to change my "justification's"? Wouldn't it be nice if there was a real life "back button"?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

sorry, nope, not as long as you are natalie king. you will always have a justification for it. "I deserve it!" is one of the classic king girl phrases. i remember one morning when bill and i were debating whether or not to go to school, (in missouri) and i kept saying, "but we have been doing so well, i think we deserve it" and he looks and me and says " we dont deserve s^%t" it was a rare moment when he felt bad that we were skipping school, it made me feel really bad. i havent ever forgot it.

Jen said...

I think it's in our genes, the whole soda/caffeine/sugar fix that calls our names EVERY DAMN morning!! What to do, what to do? All I can say is that some days are diamonds, some days are stone!