Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bountiful Nostalgia & New Favorite Link

This is a random posting for a Tuesday morning but I've lived in Bountiful for almost 7 months now and there are some things I'm beginning to miss. (In no particular order)

1. The Winder Dairy drive thru in Colonial Square. It's not that I'm lazy and would like to drive thru to pick up my dairy items, it's just a fun memory of getting ice cream after going to the bubble.

2. The Basement. This store used to be in the now Hogi Yogi on 5th. It was exactly as it's name denotes: a random assortment of discounted items collected together in one spot. For some reason I was always drawn to the office supplies - go figure.

3. Carmacks (the real one, that burned down). I don't exactly remember the donuts. What I remember is going there with Dad on a Saturday morning and he would buy me grape bubble gum.

4. Party Perfect also once in Colonial Square. There isn't a good party store in the area after they closed. Try to find a pleated plastic table skirting and you'll have to go to Zurchers in Ogden.

_________________________________________________________________

In one of my design classes the other day we watched a tutorial on photoshop. They had a guest on whom I've fallen in love with her work. Her blog is http://starsandtea.blogspot.com/. She does all of her illustrations from beginning to end in photoshop and it just amazes me. And it doesn't hurt that they're all very Disney looking. Here's one of my favorites so far:

2 comments:

Melissa said...

my link didnt work :( maybe try posting the link again? the best part of carmacks was going with dad and getting a glazed donut with a chocolate milk. mmmm....nostalgia. thanks noodle!

mandi said...

aahh. Bountiful. KD craft, pic n save, dee's, picadilly fish n chips (never ate there, but the building was way cool,) five points, on and on and on. At least there still is Parson's, Dick's and Nielsen's.