Thursday, October 1, 2009

Only 24 Hours in a Day


What blue hairs... (if Alvin had hair at all...tee hee) I came home from work and actually made nice dinner. Pork chops, red mashed potatoes, cabbage, apple sauce - ya know the whole nine yards. It's been a crazy hectic week and I figured Alvin and I could due with something healthy. This was at 6:00 pm. We were fast asleep by 7:15 pm. (Very unusual for us) If it weren't for the nagging voice in my head that I should probably get up and take my nightly meds, I'd probably still be asleep.

How is it that life just continues to get busier? I don't write this to say, "Look at me, I'm busier than you." It's quite the opposite actually. I'm realizing more and more that everyone has everything going on and I sit in awe wondering how you all keep it up. With Alvin in grad school and myself working full time and hitting school six days a week, I feel zonked by the time Wednesday comes around.

At the moment I am grateful that I'm only responsible for 900 square feet and two adults. I can't imagine maintaining a home and children along with the finances that accompany them to boot. So kudos to you out there who make it happen everyday and do it with such grace. For me I'll continue learning how to keep up with the closet full of laundry and the backpack full of homework.

Thank you Mr. Benjamin Franklin for the ideal schedule for which I'll always be striving for. Perhaps he should try bumping his sleep schedule up to 7:15...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

that was benjamin franklin? i love the "diversion" part. i would love to see benjamin franklin try to stay at home with my little ones. what a funny sight that would be. "but miiisssttteeerr fffrrraaannnlin, i want a trix yooooggguuurrrttt....!!!" " no dear child, you have already had 3!" " aaaaahhhhhrrrrggg!!!!"

Unknown said...

LOL, That's great. Yes that was from Ben Franklin, now you know where we get Franklin Covey from. Mr. Franklin also didn't believe in God. His "God" is called "Powerful Goodness" and I call "Powerful Goodness" Full Throttle. lol