Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ta Daa!

The last time I lived in the 84054 zip code I was 7 years old, now I’m back… Alvin and I just moved into the Foxboro Apartments in North Salt Lake! We’ve been bottom dwellers in my parent’s basement for the past 8 months. After Alvin was accepted at the University of Utah we started our search for our own place. We really hadn’t planned on moving out until April but Foxboro made it virtually impossible not to move in now – They didn’t charge us a deposit, it was only $200 for the rest of February, and with direct deposit of a nice tax return we signed the lease on Wednesday. We’ve been so blessed! I thought I was excited but you should have seen Alvin. Wednesday night he began moving things in. While I was at work on Thursday he managed to carry (among other huge items) our mattress and box spring up three flights of stairs by himself. He seriously did 90% of this move all alone. (Thanks sugar!) I got to do the fun part…decorate! On a side note, my parents were in Phoenix visiting my sister during this whole thing. We decided to keep it a secret and surprise them on their return. We picked them up from the airport this afternoon and with a small white lie we drove them straight to our new place instead. They were so surprised. It was funny to see them head back up to Kaysville and us stay put. I took a few pictures of our new place. We’re not completely done setting up shop but here’s a taste…

9 comments:

matt and sarah said...

What a cute place! Love the decorations!

Melissa said...

Acckk! its so cute!!!! I love it! I cant wait to come see it. :)

mandi said...

I know that there are like five stakes in foxboro, but I've got two cousins out there. Katie and Stephenson Darling, and Lauren and Casey Parks. Just stay far away from them. Don't say I didn't warn you. Btw: congrats on the new digs!!! You have way too much furniture for being semi-newlyweds!!

Unknown said...

You always make your places so darling - even mom's basement! Congrats on getting your own space again. How heavenly.

Rosie said...

that's supposed to be from me...not Jimmy's account.

Jodi said...

Wow pictures are up and everything! Yeah for your own place! It probably feels great!

The Crandall Family said...

Awesome to have you 2 minutes away!! We were totally impressed how quick and efficient your move was!! We still are unpacking after 6 months :)

Michelle said...

What cute pictures, your place looks nice, congrats!!

tamrandfamily said...

LOL I can just see the determination in Alvin which I'm sure gave him super strength to move all the stuff himself! I'm glad you two have your own space again! Your apartment is soo cute!~great decorating Nat!