Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Weekend Away

This past weekend I got to go visit the Webster’s in Phoenix. We got the ticket just for me because we thought Alvin would be at a scheduled graduate school interview. So when the U accepted Alvin all other schools were called off, but not my little getaway! Alvin said it best the other night, “January and February in Utah are the worst. January alone felt like 3 months in one.” It’s so true. The cold grey slosh and inversion were gladly traded for blue sky and 78 degrees! It was so nice to have some girl time with Rosie. We were shopping and I had to remind myself that I was returning to 40 degrees and flip flops and t-shirts weren’t yet a good idea. I also got to hang out with my cute little nephew Jackson. Lucky for me my nic name is close to Daddy so he caught on to “Naddy” real quick. He’s growing up so fast! Thanks Rosie and Jimmy for letting me hang out for a weekend. It felt like we were back up in Salem hanging out in the Copperfield Apartments all over again – seps no rain. (yay) Good times! Alvin on the other hand got a nice weekend away from the ball and chain... lol. Thanks Krissy and Cort for taking care of my baby for me. Upon my return Alvin had adopted a sweet new member into the Rodgers home. We haven’t named her yet, any good ideas? She’s really sweet and very much Alvin’s shadow. When I got home she looked at me like, “This is our house, who are you?” Anyhow, there’s a short update on what’s up with the silly Rodgers.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

i think it should be nadia.

Rosie said...

She's really pretty. Sasha or Penny :)
Hope to have you back soon!

The Crandall Family said...

We like Ernie Jr. :)