Thursday, February 5, 2009

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN!

Halle-freaking-lujah!! Alvin finally got his letter from the University of Utah! We’re in baby!
Applying to graduate school has been the most stressful and expensive process ever. The letter came on the exact day we were supposed to overnight our $300 deposit to hold his spot at the Washington University in St. Louis. As much as we’d love to go to WUSTL the tuition we’d pay for just the first year there would more than pay for all three years at the U! After he called me at work I ran around the office telling everyone. Jeri said, “I heard all this ruckus coming from the corner but couldn’t place who it was. I don’t think I’ve ever hear you so excited before.” What a relief this is. I can’t even begin to tell you how awesome it is not to be in limbo anymore! We can finally move on with the next step in our lives. We’re going to start looking for housing downtown. So if you know of anywhere with w/d hook ups and will let us have a kitty, let me know! Lol. Congratulations sugar! I’m so proud of you! I guess this means I don’t have an excuse for “stress food” anymore… i.e. Dr. Pepper and French Toast sticks from Burger King – eesh.

7 comments:

Andi Fitz said...

That is awesome!! Congrats guys! I feel relieved for you too.

The Crandall Family said...

YEA!!! Congratulations! What a relief to have it over I'm sure! We are glad it worked out for you...and a little selfish in wanting you to stay close! Good job again.

Melissa said...

can i get a woooot all up in here?

Rosie said...

so i was all excited and caught up by your emotion then i immediately got derailed with the words "dr. pepper and french toast sticks" mmmmm :)
Way to go guys!

matt and sarah said...

I sighed a big sigh of relief today! I don't know what I would do if you had to leave. I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations Alvin!

tamrandfamily said...

Yeah... I am so excited for both of you! This has been a long and exhausting road and now you can move on!!! Yahoo!! I am sooo glad you are staying around!

Michelle said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Good luck with your house hunting and school and everything :).