Monday, March 9, 2009

251 Gary Way


Yesterday I was out on a Sunday drive. Now that I live in North Salt Lake again I found my self wandering back up the hill towards the house I grew up in. I was only 7 years old when we moved to St. Louis but I still remember quite a bit about that place. It surprised me to find a for sale sign in front. I had to pull over and grab the flyer. What I think my parents originally paid $70,000.00 for is now on the market for $284,500.00. They’ve done a lot of remodeling, including a horrible attempt at a Swiss Chalet look on the exterior. Those rocks are supposed to be there? Hmm. Anyway, the old brick fireplace is now cherry and what used to be grey carpet is now hardwood. I’m tempted to call the realtor and schedule a walk thru, but I think she’d be a little ticked to find out the only thing I’m interested in is seeing where I used to pick at the wall paper, dig for salamanders, and get ready for primary. To my mom this house represents the quintessential "camelot" years. I'll get her to call Polly... lol.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh what good times! love that house. Aside from the swiss look - i really like the changes. Is that last room mom & dad's old room? I'd love to see what they did with the rest of the home.

mandi said...

Polly is a very good friend of mine. I could call her for you- she would be very happy to show you through. She actually lives in "lower eaglewood" so it wouldn't be a big deal for her to meet you there. My Dad also works or worked with the lady that did that hideous makeover. See?? I know people. . .

Nat said...

Mandi - you do know people sheesh...lol. That would be cool to walk through. Only if it's not a bother to her though.

Vanessa & Kendall said...

Last time I took a drive in that neighborhood my old house looked like a dump...so sad. I'm glad yours still looks nice and taken care of!

mandi said...

Nat- Polly is expecting your call! (You should take Connie and Lissa too.) Believe it or not, it is under contract, so you'll need to do it soon before the papers are signed.