Friday, April 10, 2009

Baby Talk

This afternoon Alvin and I were on our way to the grocery store. Through the turn-about Alvin pops in, "You wanna have a baby?" Huh, what!? Now I've been abnormally baby hungry lately so I was in no mood to be played with. Alvin continued by saying, "I'm getting old, and Jon keeps telling me how awesome it is to open the door and hear 'daddy!'" After a brief reality check our discussion concluded that keeping to our "3 to 4 year plan" is still the best idea. As much as I would love to bring a little bit of Alvin and a little bit of me into this world, there are still some huge things that need to be accomplished. (Some of our goals - in no particular order.)

1. Alvin graduate from Physical Therapy school (3 years).
2. I'm thinking more and more that I want to double major in English and Graphic Design. (I'm not sure how long this is going to take.)
3. Get into a home, not a requirement but a want.
4. Have a financial plan for all of this.

So, in other words., give us some time and a tree that grows dollar bills and we'll make it happen.
Besides, this is what might pop out (scary...) so it might be a good thing to hold off. (Jk...)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Kids are soooo much fun! When you decide it's the right time you'll love it! They aren't easy but they are sooooo worth it :)!

Rosie said...

that picture always makes me laugh. Jim was trying to figure out what it was. If there's one thing you may have learned from your older siblings...there's always a plan, but then there's ALWAYS plan "B" :)

Melissa said...

they are always so cute when they are your own (referring to your combined picture...) whats wrong with its teeth? yeeesh.