Saturday, November 21, 2009

Epic GNO!

Last night was quite possibly the best girls night ever. Too bad I didn't have my camera on me. Lissa and I did it up right! After getting all dolled up we met and got dinner at The Broiler. Mmmm... Halibut and chowder. To keep us going I picked up four cans of Orange Full Throttle which made for random outbursts of "Yak!". After dinner we perused a few shops at the Gateway before they closed. Then it was on to the "Fangs or Fur" event at the Megaplex. Lissa put it so well when she chose to go for Team Jacob by purchasing tickets for the "Fur" theater; "Ya gotta root for the little guy" (Doesn't hurt that he's 1/2 naked through out the whole movie either.) We were loving all the different fans. There was a pre-teen in front of us that had painted a wolf nose and whiskers on her face. Another group of fans all had the same shirt on that said, "I swing both ways". Then came the goody bag. It was like trick or treat for crazy Twilight fans. We got a green re-usable bag with a t-shirt, pop corn, hot tamales, vitamin water, a 32 oz Jacob cup, fangs, truffle, license plate cover, and other misc promo items. The movie was crazy good, a ba-gillion times better than the previous. I love going to opening night shows with all the fans that actually applaud and cheer. Lissa is also a key ingredient for going to opening night movies, she makes it crazy fun with her emphasized pokes, hand squeezes and thwacks to my shoulder through out the whole thing. We both drove home in silence, her to Tooele and I to Kaysville, trying to take it all in. (lol) If this makes us big nerds so be it!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

oh so wish i was there for the "thwacks" :) that sounds so darn fun!! get to go tonight...won't be nearly as cool.