Monday, November 30, 2009

Ode to the Fan


Like most King girls, I am dependent on the sweet lullaby of a fan to get me to sleep. The noise helps drown the loud thoughts in my head long enough to let me slip off to sleep. When Alvin and I got married this bugged him to death. Pure silence is what he preferred for his sleep setting.


Last night, probably out of sheer laziness, neither one of us would get up to turn on the fan. This is pretty ridiculous as it sits at the foot of our bed. Suffice it to say, my loud inner thoughts found their way out and had a party with Alvin's loud inner thoughts. At this point we're so ridiculously tired but egging each other on.


Needless to say, I did not get to sleep at a decent hour for getting up at 5:30 this morning. Now I sit in my office with the sound of my space heater teasing me. I'll have you know though, that Alvin admitted that he now can't sleep without the fan either. Success! Look what almost 4 years of marriage can do! :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

mwa ha ha ha! i knew he would cave!!! i cant stand the sound of my own breathing let alone my noisy thoughts!! we now have both a fan and a humidifier

Rosie said...

Oh the wicked web we weave! i second lissa. I seriously cannot sleep hearing my own breathing (thoughts can be even noisier)
How sad it is - Oh well here's to the sweet peaceful sound of the soft windy hum.

The Crandall Family said...

cort loves a fan in the summer and a hummidifier in the winter, both make me wake up gasping for air!!! I tolerate the fan in summer though. Excited to see you sat!