Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crazy Cat Lady Diaries PART 2

So not that anyone cares about our silly cats but this lady is still pretty crazy... here's what happened over New Years:

Hi again...

I live in ______. Wow, you would really bring them here for me to meet them? That sounds perfect. You may not understand this, but I know I'll fall in love when I meet them, so I just need a little time to think and pray about this. I just have to make sure I'm over the loss of Holly to take on this new responsibility.

Do you have someone else that is interested in the girls right now? Am I holding up another possible adoption? I wouldn't want that to happen. But I also am not ready to let them go. Can I contact you in a day or two?

Talk to you very soon,
D.


My response:

Hi D.,
We are actually leaving to go out of town in the morning to West Yellowstone. We'll be back Sunday evening. There isn't any other interested parties but you seem like the perfect fit for these ladies. So maybe take the weekend to think it over and then when we get back we can arrange a visit. Hope you have a happy new year!

Thanks,
Natalie


(I had to restrain myself from saying, "you seem like a purrr-fect fit" lol!)

D.'s response:

Hi Natalie...I'm sorry, but I won't be able to adopt your lovely kitties. It's just not the right time for me. I so hope you find a good home for them soon.

Hope you had a wonderful time in Yellowstone. Have a great new year...

D.



WHAT THE WHAT?! You've gotta be kidding me! After all that... So with no other interested parties and Lissa's new carpet installation scheduled we had to take them back in to the Human Society. Dean was good enough to do this for us on Monday. (Thanks Dean!)

AND THEN this is the email I get this morning:

Hello, Natalie...

I'm back again. Have your kitties been adopted yet? If so, that will be my answer. But I can't stop thinking about them and would like to meet them. I could actually go to Tooele tomorrow, if that would be convenient.

Please let me know if they're still available. My phone # is _________.

Thanks...

D.


I'll repeat: WHAT THE WHAT?! You've gotta be kidding me! After all that... I had to explain that they're no longer available but that she is more than welcome to contact the Humane Society. What an ordeal!!! We'll see what happens I guess. Sorry crazy cat lady.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

now you ought to post the extenuating circumstances that she will have to jump through to adopt them from the tooele animal shelter since she had decided to drag her feet. not to mention the cost involved in trying to prove that they have been spayed already. and the gas money she will have to spend because she will undoubtedly get lost because who from slc knows where in the crap Erda is???

Andi Fitz said...

She's crazy. And weird.